WELCOME TO MY BLOG...WELCOME, FRIEND...

Welcome to this fun, flowery experience in the land of words, friendship and all things creative !!!
Photobucket





THE FELLOWSHIP

 

Photobucket

ADMINISTRATOR

GROUP; CREATIONS of BEAUTY

CARLA'S VIDEOS

Friday, December 24, 2010

LATE NIGHT REVERY


A special treat, laptop on desk, left by loved one, beckons me...
Calls me out of fitful slumber for a late night revery...
I listen to the quiet, an occasional car a'passing by...
The clicking of the furnace-- small, still sounds of the night...
My pet, dear  Silka, white Eskimo dog, stretches in her sleep...
I love the time she gives me; her companionship so deep...
Her little life a'breathing is truly such a gift...
Her trusting tenderness lends my soul a loving, consistent lift..
I think about my neighbors, the new friendships we have made...
I think of finding this safe place, this quiet, loving shade...
A tiny, warm-filled home...this cottage I have found...
Filled to the brim with furniture, needing decorating all around...
Oh, I have lots of boxes, books, my son's fun childhood toys...
A'stacked and a'cluttering; full of memory's loving noise...
Into this new life I am accepted, given room just to breathe...
To step to my own cadence: poetic, deep and free...
No one to criticize me, fix or blame me, just unconditional love...
A balm for what I've passed through; a gift from God above...
The past is left behind me out in the heartbreak hue...
The present possibilities come gently into view...
"Here" is where I've come to, working "through" as best I can...
Grateful to be surrounded by Souls who understand...
I think about the writing group, the wonderful weave of words...
The poet's life is written in a traveler's journey-filled world...
Recently, Love brought healing, new songs for a soul to sing,
Renewal of strength and stillness' calm, as I re-grow my wings...
Yes, it's a quiet night within one life, angels descend to bless...
As I find this rhyme, I know it's Heaven who brings about such bliss...
A simple song, a hymn of sorts, this late night thinking list...
A humble sort of thankfulness for God's sweet gift of Rest...
My heart's gratitude is deep and full for quiet's Tranquility...
This haven of  peace and mindfulness, this late night revery...

1 comment: